Christians: Do you think that Pagans hate Christians or Christianity?

I am Wiccan. And sometimes I come across Christan's that think we cannot be friends because of our differences in religion. If you look closely were not all that different. But because of some Pagans having a hatred for Christianity, it seems that most believe we all have that hatred. I have many Christian friends. As long as we can get past any judgments and get to know the person, then we can become very close.

SalemWitchChild

Asked by SalemWitchChild at 9:41 AM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, I don't think all pagans hate Christianity, but I think that some do. I think that some Christians say pretty unChristian things about pagans too. In general, reasonable people like other reasonable people regardless of religion. Unreasonable people dislike others and are equally disliked. I don't think it has as much to do with your faith as it has to do with your mentality.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:47 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I can't answer the question bc i don't know anything about pagan belief. but I do know that we're in the same group and I'm christian and I still like you :)
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 9:43 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• No I dont think that...just as I dont hate pagans b/c I am a Christian. I know people have different views and I usually cant change anyones mind. As long as they are a nice person I can be friends with them.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:55 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• only a few outspoken moms on cafemom show hate for Christians.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• In my experience, the ones who seem to bash Christianity the most are those used to be a Christian and then went to paganism or became wiccan, or athiests. And, I have found that most who abandoned Christianity for these other religions or beliefs, did so because they are mad at God for not doing what they asked Him to do for them or, a loved one died or something like that, and are trying to punish Him, rebelling or turning their backs on Him and pretending that they are happier convincing themselves that He doesn't exist. I guess they think that by getting into something that is strictly forbidden in the Bible or that is so far from Godly and glorifies the occult, satan and deception, will really "fix God". Sad.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• SalemWitchchild I not only AGREE with you, but I would be proud to have a friend like you.

You are so right. We are all the same, and can learn from each other to become better people.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 11:14 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Also to answer your question I know Pagans do not hate Christians.

They just do not appreciate it when we get pushy or demeaning.Which i can not blame them.I would hate that attitude also.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 11:16 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• i think beckcorc hit the nail on the head...
    it has nothing to do with religious affiliation so much as the way someone treats others.
    at least in my opinion.
    i know i'm friends with people of all different beliefs.
    =)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:28 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• No, I do not believe pagans hate christians. I do believe however in spiritual forces. Our bodies our houses for our spirit and soul. It is he spirit that is at war not our flesh. You either have the spirit of God or of Satan.
    mommiejay453

Answer by mommiejay453 at 11:45 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I am not religious. More pagan than anything, I guess. But, I will admit that I do not like Christianity.
    Individually, Christians are okay, usually. The religion is what I don't like.
    Anonymous