Does anybody else ever feel this way?

I have four kids: 4 yr old boy, 2 yr old boy, and 1 yr old twin b/g. Ever since the twins were born I have gone through bouts of extreme irritably and anxiety and fatigue and depression. I am totally not the person I used to be. Yesterday I was snapping at the kids all day and they didn't deserve it but I couldn't seem to stope how I was feeling. I didn't have and ounce of energy and I just wanted to cry all day. I feel trapped. Sometimes I think it would be so wonderful if I just didn't wake up in the morning and other times I can't understand how I could have possibly been feeling that way. I feel like a psycho or something and I'm so sick of it. Am I alone or are there other moms who deel with this too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Health

• Get checked out by your doctor. It could be a hormonal thing, or anemia. Or it could be that 4 children age 4 and younger is a considerable load. No wonder you are exhausted, and exhaustion makes us cranky. But if you can't control the crankiness, then it is time to see what help you can get. If you can arrange for a sitter or daycare once a week anyway, even if all you do is lie around with your feet up and rest, then it would be a help. If you can't afford it, usually I suggest trading babysitting with another mom, but 4 children so young might be a challenge and when it is your turn that would be even more children in your house... Perhaps you could prepare something fun for the group to do.

Answer by Bmat at 9:49 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• it's depression. i've dealt w it. see your dr.
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 9:45 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• mine was hormones which lead to depression. I was so miserable, i made my family so miserable....it was so bad! My mom brought me some "red clover Phytoestrogen" one daily by Solaray...from the health food store. it has saved my life. She also takes it because of her estrogen levels and getting older, but we all suffer from highs and lows of estrogen. its low doses and herbal, which i like. i dont take them every day just when im feeling "the mood", as i call it coming on to where i just cant cope with out making every one around suffer....then in about 30 minutes, im calm and everything is back to normal...or at least "I" can cope with the normal and it stopped me from distroying the love/respect my family has for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Apr. 25, 2009