Dust or Vacuum First

My neighbor and I have this great debate that has been going on for a few years; dust or vacuum first when cleaning! I say dust first, then vacuum. When you dust you are going to get some dust floating around on the floor, so then you can vacuum it up. She says vacuum first, then dust. She says that when you vacuum you are lifting up dirt from the floor and it will get on the other furniture, so then you dust it. So I just want to see what others' opinions are to finally put an end to this great debate, lol!

katyuwf

Asked by katyuwf at 9:49 AM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I say dust.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I say vacuum. OR if you are really anal about it, dust-vacuum-then dust again LOL
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 9:53 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I say dust, but what I read is to vacuum first- that vacuum cleaners throw dust around, so you throw the dust around when you vacuum and then you dust it up. So I guess this makes sense. Our vacuum cleaner is supposed to not throw dust around, but I don't know. So even though my instincts say dust first, brushing dust onto the floor to be vacuumed up, it seems that many people and experts say vacuum first. So I do dust second, but every time I do, I wonder.

Answer by Bmat at 9:53 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I say dust...so that all the dirt goes on the floor, then you vacuum it up.

If you want to get everything I guess you dust vacuum then dust again. LOL not that anyone wants to do that.

I need to go do BOTH of those things right now...blahhh
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:54 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I dust first then vacuum

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 10:47 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• i dust then vacuum
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 11:55 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• A dust, then vaccum, then use the furniture polish on the woods to clean up what came up from the vaccum. But I do dust first because as you said, it goes to the floor first. This way it's over all clean.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:14 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Start at the top and work your way down, so dust first.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:28 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Dust, then vacuum. lol set her straightttt!
    kylesboo

Answer by kylesboo at 3:07 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I always dust, then vaccum. Because I think alot of the dust ends up on the floor.
    beingamomrocks1

Answer by beingamomrocks1 at 5:17 PM on Apr. 25, 2009