Friends???

Im 25 almost 26 .. i stay home with my 2 and 3 year old..my husband works all the time and crazy hours so he isnt around much. I moved from Nevada to Oregon and met my husband 2 months after moving..we then left Oregon and came to Indiana.. I hate it here!!All of my friends and family are on the West Coast..but his job is here so we cant move.. I feel so alone..my husband is gone from 2pm-3:30am every day..when he is home he is sleeping or i am.. I dont know anyone here..we have been here going on 5 years..i have NO friends and no adult conversation unless i go to the store or something..and thats just not enough..im so depressed..and its starting to rub off on my kids..they love to be around other kids and people..but since i dont know anyone they dont either.. I dont know how to meet people..how to make friends.. Ive tried talking to moms at the park or library but its always kinda strange.. please help...

mom2girliegirls

Asked by mom2girliegirls at 10:11 AM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i'm from indiana. what part of the state?
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 10:44 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Oh girl, I feel your pain more than you know! We recently moved to Ecuador. I barely speak Spansih, I have ZERO freinds here. It sucks so so so so so so so badly. I hope it gets better for you. I know it will get better for us becuase we are moving, the job we moved here for fell through & DH & I are both pretty miserable. Try to check out Yahoo groups, sometimes you can find local playgroups & stuff through them. I am sorry you are having a hard time. Feel free to add me as a freind if you like, we can be lonely miserable sisters in arms!
    MamaApio

Answer by MamaApio at 10:56 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Im on the top of the state....about 30 minutes from Fort Wayne
    mom2girliegirls

Answer by mom2girliegirls at 11:01 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I'm in southern indiana. bout and hour from kentucky.
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 11:39 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Is there a parents as teachers group in your area? If so, I would join it and make an effort to meet other mother's that have kids around your age. Why not look in your local paper for activities you enjoy doing either with or without kids. Then while there, you might have to take the first step and introduce yourself. I think if you get active, whether it's just going to the park or joining in some hobby group, if you make an effort, you should be able to easily make friends.
    Anonymous