I need advice

for the last three days my and my SO have been fighting, because I've been moody because of all the stress lately any way it got bad last night, I tried to exsplain a little bit to my guy in the car that I was stressed and if he could just listen and he treated me like it was a joke then at 7:30, when we got home I cleaned, everybody ate, got my son ready for bed, and a shower for me, and while all this was going on my SO was in the other room watching a movie, after I came out of the shower he was playing nintendo, and I asked him if he wanted to watch a movie with me we went in the room and my son was running like crazy so my SO left , then my son wouldn't settle down so we went to bed, and right when I opened the door to go in the room he walked out mad and didn't say nothing to sleep in the other room, I started to have a panic attack and he had the nerve to come in and ask if I made his sandwhich and was mad when I saidno

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• Sounds like lack of communication. It sounds like youre trying, but hes just. not. getting. it. Men need to have things spelled out for them in order to understand what us women are thinking or going through. Maybe schedule a time to sit down, here eachothers stories. No interruptions, nothing. Just straight TALK. Also, do you have a friend or family member that would not mind watching your son once a week or month? You guys could have a set day each week or month for you two to have alone time. Either go out to eat, a walk in the park, to the lake.. anything. I hope it gets better.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 10:57 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• So you need advice regarding what? Which knick-knack to use to crush your SO's skull? Where to hide the Hefty bags full of his body parts? How to do home shock therapy on him so he grows up like, immediately and stops all the shenanigans? How to teach him how to make his own damn sandwiches?
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:58 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Good advice, Fistandantalus.

Here is my take: The little dude ain't gonna respect you if you allow the big dude to treat you like carp. Don't allow the big dude to treat you like crap.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:45 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• This is not a man of character, and it doesn't matter how nice you are to him or how many good things you do, you don't have the power to change who he is. You will either have to make your mind up that you are going to live with him "as is" or you can leave and look for a man of character who wants to be a real husband and dad.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:46 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I answered then reread and now I'm not sure how it actually happened but.... next time get the child down for the night, then invite him in. He prolly thought he was going to get some alone time with you.
    The way he handled the panic attack was wrong, and he should've helped with the child.
    And no one should be eating right before laying down to bed (sorry but it's bad for the health)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 1:25 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Perhaps getting the little one scheduled and down will allow you more "we" time and you two can work this all out. It sounds like SO feels left out. As for the sandwich, he didn't want a sandwich. He just wanted you to know he felt slighted. You have to know how to read "man talk".

Answer by admckenzie at 1:52 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Uhm, hmm...

Wait, what?

Who did what and where in the why now?
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 7:17 PM on Apr. 26, 2009