Constant sharp pain in lower back, is it a sign of labor?

This is day two that I have had a constant sharp pain in my lower back. The doctors have done told me that the baby was head down and I can tell the baby has dropped over night and other people notice it also. My due date isnt until May 31st but I have said that the baby will come at the beginning of May. Does anyone also think the same thing or could give me any tips?

gurlieracer4

Asked by gurlieracer4 at 11:11 AM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• remember after the 37th week any time there after you can have the baby ...I'm due may 22 and the baby for me too is pretty low. Let's say its when the baby decides to come bascially.
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 11:29 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• well I am due May 19 and i have droped, went to the doc two days ago and was 2 1/2 cm dialated, and my bloody show came out yesterday... I am in constant pain, no matter what position i am in. so your signs could be that you are going to go soon but it also could be nothing. I hope i go sooner than later.
    pswife

Answer by pswife at 9:58 PM on Apr. 25, 2009