• In the Spotlight:

What do you of parents who have sex with their baby in the same bed?

I think it's disgusting. Any other opinions/thought?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• Well I'm going to say and not as anon either.I don't care how old or young your children are, if you are having sex with your child(ren) in your bed, you have mental issues. And for the anon that thinks children should somehow be a part of this god gifted sex thing- you need your damn head examined.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 2:32 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Huh? Who is having sex with who?
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:17 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I think that sex is a normal and natural and beautiful thing and that the baby wouldn't be here without it. I also think that the baby has no idea what's going on. And I think that our society's view of sex needs to change. We put too much stigma on it and now our kids are growing up thinking it's dirty, not knowing enough about it and feeling ashamed of the fact that their bodies can give them pleasure. I've had sex with my baby sleeping in the bed. I prefer not to, because I don't want to wake her up, but what's the big deal? Why are we so afraid of sex, or our children knowing about it? Are we afraid it will make the want to have it? Well guess what. BIOLOGY makes them want to have it, not knowing about it :p

I dont' see the problem, I guess.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I wouldn't do it. But I guess sex can be a family moment if that works for the family.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 11:24 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I think it is unwise. In the moments of ecstasy the couple may lash out and hurt the child or even knock the child off the bed. Besides the sounds and thrashing may frighten the child.

Answer by Bmat at 11:29 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• i will say that I wouldnt have wanted my parentd to have sex with me in thier bed, but on the other hand sex is a beautiful thing and a gift from God and I think that people should be open about it. I grew up in a very shelterd home i was home schooled and my parents never even said the word sex. It made it hard for me later on. Sex is a wonderful thing and i wish my parents didnt try and shelter me so much.

But really though if they want to have sex while thier baby is asleep in thier bed i dont see the problem. Its not like the baby would ever know. :)
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 11:31 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I agree with anon 10:21 about it being normal and shouldn't be shameful. However, I personally don't want to know about MY parents' sex life. I doubt my kids want to know about ours. Sure, they don't know what's going on, but I DO. It would be a total mood spoiler, for starters.

Now, is my dislike for my mood being spoiled selfish? It's no more selfish than saying I deserve to go out to dinner alone with my husband. Its no more selfish than saying I deserve to sit on the toilet without my children supervising.

As to your actual question, what I think of these parents? Nothing. I don't know them to have an opinion about them as parents. But I suppose you are actually asking what I think of sex while your kid is asleep beside you? The thought gives me the heebie-jeebies, really. I wouldn't do it. Then again, we don't co-sleep, either, so what do I really kno

Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 11:33 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Not necessarily Anon. There is far too much sex being flaunted in front of our children. I agree with OP, co-sleeping should not be allowed anyway... it is far too confusing for the child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Ok, so if you don't like it don't do it. You obviously are unaware of the benefits of normal cosleeping habits. You are only here to judge other mothers who are well educated in cosleeping. Leave it alone. Frankly it is NYB.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:11 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• No one said that sex is dirty. But it should be a private thing, not something to "share" with your children.
    Anonymous