Please advice needed!!

I posted this last nightbut no one really gave any advice just some nice bashing and a few defends for me. Tuesday night DD who is 10 mos had a fever of 102, a runny nose, 2 teeth attempting to cut through, a bit of a diaper rash and was fairly fussy. Wednesday she still had the in and out fever some diarreha and in the middle of the night she woke up all red, her heart felt like it was racing and she was sweating so I ripped her clothes off put a fan on her, wiped her down, gave her tylenol and took her temp once she relaxed and it was 101.8. cont

Kennadismom

Asked by Kennadismom at 11:37 AM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You didnt say how old she is but I assume she is an older infant since you said whe is geting teeth and is eating solids. As long as she has diahreah and a fever I wouldnt give her anything but formula and pedialyte, wait to give her solids back untill she has a good stretch of no diahhreah. Keep doing the tylenol, wiping her down with wet rags etc, I wouldnt worry about going to the ER unless her fever gets above 102 opr 103 even if sh eis closer to 1, but definitely call the Dr back first thing in the morning and make an apt, if not for that day for the next, as she does need to be seen. But on the ER she is going to be exposed to all kinds f junk that will only make her sicker. The racing heart could have been from ewaking up scared, being to hot, having abad dream, but since you were able to calm her down fine I dont think it was because of her being sick as her fever really isn't that high. GL
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:44 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• She hasnt been sleeping well, or eating her solids well though she still takes formula just not as much. Thursday and friday she seemed fine but the fever kept coming back. Last night she slept a little better and ate a little better today but before her nap (she is sleeping now) it was 100.3. I called the dr before they left for the day at 10:50am and they said I couldnt be there by 11
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 11:37 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• so to take her to ER if it goes back up. i dont wanna jump the gun and rush her there which is why i need your opinions
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 11:38 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• my dd's pedi told me teething does NOT cause a fever like alot of ppl think. so its something else. i would take her,better safe then sorry!
    doosti

Answer by doosti at 11:42 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• From everything I have read, it sounds like normal teething. Do you have those teething tablets that everyone always raves about? How about motrin or tylenol? Did the dr say that you can alternate them to help alleviate some of the pain? Good luck, I know it sucks to see your little one not feeling well.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:43 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Low-grade fever: A fever is another symptom that doctors are sometimes hesitant to directly link with teething. But there are many parents who will disagree with this and find their baby gets a slight fever while teething. The best thing to do is be extra safe and notify your doctor if a fever last more than two days.

This was taken from this website: http://www.thenewparentsguide.com/baby-teething.htm
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:45 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• she just woke from her nap and her temp was 98.9
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 11:46 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• my dd's pedi told me teething does NOT cause a fever like alot of ppl think. so its something else. i would take her,better safe then sorry! ~ quoted from doosti

Alot of Dr's will still say it does though, and if you have enough kids you know that it can and will. but with the other stuff I would still try to get into her Dr. tomorrow, but her fever doesnt sound high enough to go to the ER. You are taking care of her fine at home, call the Dr. again tomorrow morning.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• its sounds like she is just teething to me. every baby handles it differently, but it sounds like my dd when she was cutting her teeth. once they break through her temp will go down and she will get better with the fussines. Try giving her a infant mesh feeder ring with frozen fruit or ice. It will help her gums and lower her temp. Gl and it will pass!!!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:49 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• The diaper rash could be from the diarrhea just use warm cloth to wipe her instead of wipes. Teething tabs and if she's over 6 months I have found that Motrin works better for teething and fever. Alternate the two meds. Keep her cool and comfy.
    Yeah! Her fever broke. I would give her one more dose of tylenol or Morin just to stay on top of it. If her fever comes back I would take her in. Poor little thing. Good luck.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:58 AM on Apr. 25, 2009