I'm scared....

OK so what's sex like after having a baby... please be brutally honest with me... I go for my 6 week check up next week and I need to know.... is it tighter? Is it like throwing a hot dog into the bat cave? Besides hating my new mom body... and not being able to really work out yet... I just am nervous I guess... Ugh

marchma2b

Asked by marchma2b at 11:56 AM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• HAHAHAHA i love the hot dog into a bat cave thing. our first time we did anything after me giving birth, it was uncomfortable. i was still a little sore. try doing keegal excercises that will help it shrink (or so i have been told).
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 11:59 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Seriously, I don't understand how you can even think about sex right now. You have far better things to think about. Don't let that bog you down. I guess I would have to say everyone is different. I had c-secions, so it made no difference to me. You are a mom now, so you will have to get used to having a mom body. It will never be the teen body you once had.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• it might hurt a little the first few times. .it did for me.
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 12:04 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• The first time hurt. Use lots of lube, breastfeeding lowers estrogen production and thus your natural lubrication. Now neither of us notice any difference.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:10 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Be sure you keep your MIND flexible. Things are different, that's not a bad thing. It's going to be a process, learning about yourself all over again, so be open to things that have changed, work on things you want to change back (like Kegels and weight loss) and have a sense of humor about the whole thing. Laughter is the best aphrodisiac there is!
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 12:22 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• It does hurt the first time after having a baby just take it easy and ask SO to please be gentle.
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 12:23 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• The first time I had sex after mine it hurt pretty bad (I had to be cut and I had trouble with stitches).
    I'd be cautious about the lube only because of risk of infection so I'd ask the dr about which was safest. After my last baby, it didn't hurt very much at all. Breast feeding does sometimes cause there to be no natural lubrication and makes it more painful.
    My Aunt told me that the first time would be like the first time I ever had sex (she was wrong, it was worse only because of the stitches not healing right). If you had an episiotomy, prepare your mind more for some pain unless it's absolutely not tender already.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 1:10 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Just get plenty of foreplay and it will be fine. You need lots of lub and foreplay should fix it. There shouldn't really be any pain involved.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:47 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• It does hurt, like everyone said. It feels like there are abrasions in there, and it kinda burns, kinda stings. Just because your body has changed doesn't mean what your hubby finds attractive in you hasn't. Maybe he finds you just as attractive, maybe more, since you gave him a child. The more you are worried and uptight about it, the more it will hurt. Just take it easy, it won't always hurt.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 2:43 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Just make sure your really really aroused. Maybe even use a little extra lubrication or something.
    beingamomrocks1

Answer by beingamomrocks1 at 4:29 PM on Apr. 25, 2009