What are some good foods/drinks to eat/drink during pregnancy?

welcomtotwob

Asked by welcomtotwob at 11:56 AM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The greatest thing about pregnancy is getting to eat whatever you want and not worrying! My suggestion, try to stick to a healthy diet, as that will make it easier to lose the baby weight. Drink milk, for the calcium and cranberry juice to keep UTIs at bay.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 12:01 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Lots of fruits and veggies. WATER and lots of it. I'm not sure what you mean exactly, foods that are good for you or foods that taste good. I never really changed to much about my diet just added more fruit and i hate water but i drink it. I was drinking diet soda but have heard that it is really bad for the baby while your pregnant because of some of the ingredients in it so i just stopped drinking soda alltogether and switched to juice, tea and kool aid.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 12:05 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Drinks: iced tea, water, juice, 100% juice popsicles. I liked fruit smoothies a lot.
    Foods: Those high in folate: bread, spinach. Those high in protein low in fat: fish (salmon), eggs, very lean red meat, turkey, carefully prepared chicken. Lamb is especially good but awfully spendy.
    Whole grains. Indeed, whole foods - try to get as close to raw as possible. (except meat, of course-well done for that.)
    rainbowlight

Answer by rainbowlight at 12:19 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Since its coming up to summertime, one of my favorite things to eat is frozen fruit, like grapes and strawberries. It cools you down while you eat it, and its good for you (No sugar added!) Its also good while not prego too. For drinks, drink lots of agua, and try crystal light. Its got no sugar or calories. It does have some chemicals in it, so drink it in moderation instead of soda.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 1:02 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• water. Stay away from sugar drinks and carbonated soft drinks as best you can. Eat plenty of fresh fruit and veggies and lots of protein and anything high in calcium or the baby will drain the calcium from you.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:44 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• grape juice, apple juice, water alot of water lack of it can allow a uti to occur and dehydration. as for as food eat alot of fruits but be sure to wash them really good. Also eat alot of vegetables salads and things like that. Stay away from sodas and drink dairy as well you need all the calcuiim you can get. Congrats on the baby :) Oh and what a good mommy u are trying to find out the do's and don't
    Anonymous

• oh and stay away from dairy products that arent pasterized and dont eat cold cuts unless it is heated throughly. I just cut it out peroid to avoid any problems (lysteria)
    Anonymous