How should I do DD's 1st Birthday Party??

My hubby is coming home in a few weeks for his r & r from deployment. My dd's birthday isn't until June 4th, but we are having her birthday party early so her daddy can be there for it! Sooo...we are going to be stuck at HIS parent's house the entire 2 weeks he is home for his r & r...:S How should I go about doing her birthday party? I don't want his mother to throw the party and I feel really uncomfortable in her house, but I want to have it at a house..very small, I think. Idk...Should I just buy dd a little cake just for her and buy a big cake for everyone else? I would make the cakes, but I don't feel comfortable at my in-laws house doing all that with her stuff and I don't want her to make the cakes and stuff, because its our daughter's birthday party and I want us to throw it for her. Orrr should we have it somewhere??

Just wondering...kinda stressing about it. haha

brookes_mom04

Asked by brookes_mom04 at 12:25 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• mabe have it at a park,id give her her own cake.hell ask her to help and tell her how u want things who knows mabe she will do it all up and surprise u.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 1:25 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• if there is park nearby and its warm where you are then everyone go to the park get some balloons a smash cake for dd and a cake for the adults. Are you going to have a second party on her actualy birthday for your family since you are stuck at the in laws? If so then just do something simple yet special so daddy can see her eat her cake! I feel your pain though DDs 1st birthday is june 21 and im already thinking about it lol. And i know what its like to deal with in laws you dont particularly care for, especially being in their home! Whatever you do DONT LET HER TAKE OVER!!!
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 1:26 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• My family is right down the road actually, so they will also be at this birthday party. It will be her only one so its gotta be perfect! lol I'm not sure if her daddy wants it at the park. :S What time of day is good to have it if its a warm sunny day?? And yes..verry worried about her taking over. Its our first child and I want to be the one to do everything..lol Thanks!
    brookes_mom04

Answer by brookes_mom04 at 8:28 PM on Apr. 26, 2009