Is there a law that states old ladies have to have short poofy hair?

Every old lady I've seen always has short poofy hair!! I mean I'm probably sure it's cause your hair kind of stops growing after you hit a certain age....This doesn't bother me or anything, It's just something I've always noticed and I have nothing against old ladies with short hair either.
But really haven't you noticed this too!?

prettymama0607

Asked by prettymama0607 at 12:27 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• lmao oh yea and it's always a purplish blue!! well or white :)
    shortleo

Answer by shortleo at 12:28 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Yes. It is after the sex one that says oral is illegal.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:29 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I think because in their day, it was proper to get your hair "set". Which means you go to the salon once a week and have it washed and set in rollers. The thing is to have the hair dry that way and then styled immediately after. My mother has always worn her hair that way, even when we were little. It's what they used to do back then. Yes, it drives me nuts. But my mother wouldn't even get her hair dyed, NOT EVEN PURPLISH BLUE! LOL! So, she went straight from black to grey.. I hated it. She could have at least dyed it a lighter color.

Don't get me started!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:32 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• uugghh I hope not. I would look horrible with short hair! I hope it stays semi long till I pass!!! lol
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 12:37 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I think when you get old, you just don't feel like dealing with long hair anymore. Hell, I cut my hair after having my daughter, but I am letting it grow back now. Hmmm, I wonder if we'll follow suit. .......lol
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:37 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• oh yes. the notorious "old-person 'fro". you have to take into the account that disco happened around the generation you are describing and "poof" was in.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 12:41 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• at least that is my theory.
    MythicMMM

• All the old ladies I know have it. lol. My granny has had short curly hair since I can remember. I think its just alot easier for them to take care of. Long hair can be a pain!
    beingamomrocks1

Answer by beingamomrocks1 at 1:01 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• my grandmother had hair like that. It was mostly because her hair was thinning (from old age, and products like dyes she used, etc). And because it was easier to maintain. Ex. It was easier to just hop out of the shower and go, rather than spend time combing her hair and styling it (mostly because of arthritis). And a perm normally helps make it look fuller and styled with little to no maintance. Personally I dont' know if I could do it when I get old, but you never know. Never say never.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:23 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• My mother's old and her hair is short yes, poofy no. She cuts it herself and she looks like she just got out of rehab and not in the good way.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 1:48 PM on Apr. 25, 2009