I don't know what else to do to get him to be romantic.

I'm in love with my man, but lately he seems to be so distant and cold towards me. I don't know why. But I've tried to spice things up and show him I care. I've gotten that new his/her lube, I've made him a romantic dinner, keep cleaning the house spotless, Given him cards, left romantic/sexy/sweet notes in random places, got him a awesome gift for no reason, cleaned his car etc etc and yet....he seems checked out. He hasnt put in any effort towards showing me love, affection....romance!!

Any ideas on how to address this or how to get him to be more romantic?

I want 100% from him.

ForestGrove_Mom

Asked by ForestGrove_Mom at 12:59 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• Is he stressed out about anything, money, job, etc?
    Anonymous

• maybe counsellling? maybe he's hearing his job isn't 100 percent stable or his company. Some people are suddenly being let off without very much notice at all. Could he be worried about that?
    I dunno may be try focusing more on him and family and less on romance. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

• do a sexy dance! woo!

~Ashley~
    11wk/3d today!
    kylesboo

Answer by kylesboo at 1:14 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Romance means different things to different people. There's a real wide gap between men and women. The things you've been doing are what is romantic to you. They may not be at all romantic to him. Also, it may be very well that he has taken note of all that you have done, but he has interpreted it as your attempting to manipulate him in some way or into doing something he's not in favor of doing. If that's the case, he will start to try to distance himself from you. If you really want to romance him for the sake of showing him how much you care about him, then you should just ask him what he finds romantic. It might be washing the car or mowing the lawn. Those are the kinds of things that really turn some men on.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:16 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Well how does he respond to your efforts? Does he acknowledge them, or appreciate them at all? It is hard to give advice when you don't have all the info, but I will take a stab at it anyway. If you answered no to my first 2 questions, then it really does sound like he has checked out emotionally. You need to sit him down and talk to him calmly about your needs and wants as well as his. If you say yes, then just tell him what you would like from him. Being Open and honest is the best thing we can do for our marriages.

Familytyme

Answer by Familytyme at 1:21 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I would try to talk to him and tell him how you feel. Dont get loud though even if it seems like he's not listening if you get loud or raise your voice he really wont listen. Also if you don't tell him how you feel he wont know, guys don't take hints. You deserve to be romanced by your husband, just remember that. Good luck hun :)
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 2:39 PM on Apr. 25, 2009