Are you perfect??

How are we to learn without first making mistakes along the way? It really hurts me when people judge my religion b/c of the past and recent actions of people who were clearly not doing God's will as God had intended.Should we hate being white because of the horrible mistakes white people have made?Should we be ashamed of being who we are by the mistakes we have made in our past?Should we completely disown our children if they choose a religion or life style we do not agree with?Should we shun each other because we do not agree,or nit pick at each other until we finally cannot stand one another?NO. God wants us to accept we are all far from perfect.Instead of focusing on what divides us as individuals.We should embrace what we have in common.We should start anew and learn and teach each other what we can.God works in mysterious ways.By accepting that no one is perfect that message will become clear.TY and GB.

mo2a27

Asked by mo2a27 at 1:01 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 1 (-6 Credits)
  • Here's a quote you might like.

"Who are you to judge me? I am not perfect, but I don't live my life to be. But before you point your finger, make sure YOUR hands are clean."
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:07 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I am far,far, far ,and far from being perfect. By accepting this I can learn from my mistakes.I can see I have no right to judge.Am I going to quit being a Christian and not discontinue teaching his words with love and compassion.NO. I am going to do my best to do it the way he intended for me to.Am I going to stop voicing my opinions?NO,but I am going to do my best at being polite.Does this mean I will stand by and let people run over me?NO,I will kindly tell them to stop and ignore them if they get out of hand.

mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 1:07 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I completely agree with you that no one is perfect. However I also believe that nothing on the Earth that has been made by or passed through human hands is perfect either, and that includes the Bible. I guess I differ from you in that I believe it is not until people come to the conclusion that no belief system or way of life is entirely perfect and true that we will finally learn to love and accept each other. As long as groups continue believing that thier way is the only way, that their scripture is the only source of spiritual truth, there will continue to be disowning of children, nit picking, and persecution in the name of religion.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 1:12 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• no, i'm not actually lol
    kylesboo

Answer by kylesboo at 1:12 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I am only perfect to my kids. In their eyes Mom is a super hero. Your question/statement is a human one, more than religious. It doesn't really matter what religion you are if another person wants to criticize you. They will find a way to take you apart one way or another. If you truly believe that your religion is the best one for you then don't worry. Don't let a few bad apples spoil the bunch.
    mygirlscome1st

Answer by mygirlscome1st at 1:14 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Yes, I am in fact perfect in every aspect of my life.
    Anonymous

• I am perfect, why do you ask?
    Anonymous

• LMAO
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 1:39 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Can someone explain how they think they are perfect?
    If it was a joke then I thank you. I needed a good laugh.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 1:45 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• i really hope you do not think that was joke. I am perfect. perfect perfect perfect. I can do no wrong.

(ps. i am joking, I made one mistake about 15 years ago)

still joking
    Anonymous