• In the Spotlight:

Is it seperation anxiety???

I have been leaving with my mother almost everyday around 4pm for the last two weeks to help her get her new house ready. My son stays with my mother in law and is fine the whole time i am gone. But as soon as i get home he cries until i pick him up. I took him with me yesterday and put him in the play pin in the next room while i painted and he still cried the whole time he was alone. He also acts that way when i am at home with him all day. Does any body have any idea why? If age matters he is 7 months old.

Haven_Doug1013

Asked by Haven_Doug1013 at 1:07 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it will go away my lil one was that age when i whe \n i went back to work and she did that for a while,he just misses u and wants u,theres no other way to let u know.she still cries sometimes when i tell her good bye.but now she gets happy to see me when i get home.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 1:22 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Well, you're gone for a while then come home and put him alone in another room, if I was a baby I'd cry too. He just wants his mommy. It's scary to be alone at that age. Poor baby.
    Anonymous

• I don't come home and put him alone in another room. I took him with me to help my mom yesterday and had him in the next room while i was painting the door frame. I did not leave him alone.
    Haven_Doug1013

Answer by Haven_Doug1013 at 3:24 PM on Apr. 25, 2009