Above the belt

First of all I will not say whether or not I am a Dem or Repub because that's not important. What's important is whether or not us moms/ladies have right to call each other names just because we don't agree. This is politics and since when has any issue that's political been agreed upon by both sides or even within a party? I know some feel that Republicans should sit down & shut up but the truth is they have the right to make their voices heard and Democrats have the same right. But when things get heated it's so easy for members on both sides its so easy to take things personally and then start in with the low blows and say things anonymously and before you know it things are way off the subject matter that was first discussed.

I know you Repubs feel like you lived for 8 yrs hearing the Dems complain but the truth is to wrongs don't make a right. Dems Mr. Bush is gone stop bringing up the past and move on. Play nice

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• what's your question?
    Anonymous

• Not really a question but more of a comment and since there is no area called statements I posted it under Answers. I know it may come across hooky but, smart, intelligent, self respecting women should be able to debate without resorting to childish tactics.
    Anonymous

• You are right! If the past is the past...
    Stop asking us why we voted for Obama
    He is our president, like it or not.
    when you ask stupid questions you get stupid answers.
    However, we do have freedom of speech , and we can say whatever we please.
    Anonymous

• I don't recall Me asking why You voted for anybody. But why is it necessary to curse, call each other names and disrespect one another. I'm not for or against anyone and why I do enjoy coming to this area of CM the out right disregard for one another's feeling has to stop on both ends.
    Anonymous

• However, we do have freedom of speech , and we can say whatever we please.

Here's where you sound like an idiot. You do know that you can't really say "anything you please", right?
    Anonymous

• OP, you are right, but when each side feels disrespected by the other they will retaliate. It's an ongoing thing, and actually the political system we have encourages it. That is not altogether a bad thing, as long as the debate stays civil. It's when it goes past civil debate and erupts into violence, verbal or physical, that it turns into a bad thing. Fortunately this is the internet, so it cannot get physical, but there have been plenty of sharp, cutting posts from all sides. I just don't see it stopping anytime soon.
    Anonymous

• This should have been posted under 'sanctimonious high horse'.

Anonymous

• Many of us don't play into the name calling game. I don't accuse a whole group of what few are actually guilty of.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:32 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Well sorry as long as the libs want to continue to demonize conservatives with things such as uncaring...incompassionate,,,,,greedy...ignorant....closed minded....rednecks.....repubpukes.....we won stfu.....nd on and on and on which they have done for YEARS straight now.Last check their guy is in there along with the same hacks in congress who helped screw us to begin with.....and yet STILL they have to try to keep tearing down those who do not agree with their little fake fantasy world........then no the other side won't feel any bit of a need to treat them any better either.
    Anonymous

• You are right. People who call names and spew crap (like Janine Garofolo) just make fools of themselves. There are alot of fools here. Why can't it be ok that everyone is allowed to speak their own mind abouttheir own opinion and do it in a respectful way?
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:37 PM on Apr. 25, 2009