another question

So i just took her temp and it was 100.2 and shes napping again. Earlier it was 99.5, then 100, then back to 99 now back again to 100. Since it is staying relatively low should i still take her in or just leave her be?

Kennadismom

Asked by Kennadismom at 1:23 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Where are you taking the temp from? If her rectal temp is over 102 then you have to take her in. Armpit and ear readings are not as accurate in little babies.
    Anonymous

• i was told they only like u to bring em in if the temp stays that way for 3 days..my lil one turned out she had an ear infection,showd no signs except fever
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 1:26 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• really??? She was around 102 everyday since tuesday! Today is a low day all the info is posted in another question in this category along with a group post in the newcomers club. and anon: yes it is a rectal temp. i took it rectally the other day it was 101.8 but her doc said no big
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 1:29 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• How old is the baby?
    Anonymous

• I took my 5 week old son to the hospital with a 102 temp, he was immediately seen in the ER because he was only 5 weeks old, and they tested him for bacterial meningitis. Lucky for us it was a virus, but he still had to stay 2 days. So I guess it really depends on how old the baby is, and if your doctor said no worries, then there ya go! I'm assuming your baby is under 1 year old?
    Anonymous

• she is 10 mos old
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 1:44 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• are there any other symptoms? like teething can usually bring out a low grade temp. like that. but if it does get over 102 then do take her in.
    F43L34

Answer by F43L34 at 2:56 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• If you are taking her temperature in her armpit, then she has a temperature of one degree higher than what is on the thermometer. If she is drinking and not dehydrated (make sure her soft spot is not sunken in), and not lethargic, I would not worry about it for at least another day.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:59 PM on Apr. 25, 2009