After pregnancy swelling?

I just came home last night from the hospital after having my daughter on wednesday . I started to notice that my hands and feet are swollen . hands not so much I cant really see it just feel it. My feet tho , they look like they did when I was pregnant . My left ankel is worse then the right . I have my feet up and My dr said it was perfectly normal , so Im not really worried . Has anyone else had this happen ? What can I do to make it go down ? Im drinking water and havent had anything salty. My blood pressure has been normal , Even before having her.
Thanks in advance .

Mrs.Owen86

Asked by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:27 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had that really really really bad after I had my son. I didnt even have swollen ankles during my pregnancy but i sure did afterwards! My doc said it's because of a med they give you called Petocin (spelling??) it helps you to dialate but also makes your body retain crazy amounts of water. sleep with your feet elevated but make sure the pillow is not under your knees (you are more susecpible to blood clots now) and try to keep them elevated as much as possible. it took about a week for my swelling to go away completely. hope this helps!
    robbinsme

Answer by robbinsme at 1:31 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Ok thank you !!!
    Ya i was on pitocin for a few hours . I will just keep on putting them up . Thank you again !
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:36 PM on Apr. 25, 2009