Should I be worry that my baby is not kicking and im five months pregnancy and this is my first child!!!!!!

kamara23

Asked by kamara23 at 1:35 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• do you not feel anything? flutters anything?
    kicks you may not feel even til later , just depends on where the baby is laying. if you are truely worried or even think something is wrong you should go to L&D and be checked just to be safe .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:37 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• You're supposed to drink some oj and lay down. If you still really don't feel anything or are worried, don't hesitate to call your doctor.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 1:39 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• sometimes a baby's movements are not as strong in those earlier months so all may be well but it never hurts to call your ob and let him/her know of your concerns.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:40 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Right around five months is when I started feeling all three of my babies. Even then it was very sporadic and I would second guess myself if that was what I was feeling. Now at 61/2 months I feel her all the time. If you haven't felt the baby at all I wouldn't worry, it is coming. If you were feeling the baby and it has stopped then I would call the doctor.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 1:40 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I never felt my baby kick until 24-25 weeks. IT could be he way your placenta is, which could make it harder for you to feel the baby kicking. If you have felt the baby kick before, try drinking OJ, or a soda, or cold water and lay down for a bit. If you're worried call the doctor, they're there for that reason!
    Anonymous

• With my first I didn't even feel movement until 19 weeks. It wasn't until closer to 26 weeks when I felt actual kicks. I wouldn't stress too much.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 2:28 PM on Apr. 25, 2009