Can you wear a dress that has cream to a wedding?

I bought a dress for wedding not even thinging about it. It is mostly cream, knee length, with a brown sweater and pink and brown on the skirt. Is it tacky to wear it becuase most of the dress is cream colored? Most of the cream is covered by the sweater.

MAUREEN55

Asked by MAUREEN55 at 1:42 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Heck no. The only rule I know is that you should not upstage the bride. Other than that, it's totally up to you.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:47 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I don't know...do you know the color of the bride's dress? It might be too close that it would mirror or take away attention from the bride.
    Anonymous

• It's not all similar to the bride's dress, completely different fabric and style.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 2:14 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• it sounds like it is fine because it has the sweater is the brides dress white or cream if it's white i wouldn't even worry about it if it's cream just make sure you leave the sweater on and try to find some shoes that will compliment the sweater not the dress
    LIDIAN29

Answer by LIDIAN29 at 3:15 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I wore a beautiful cream colored suit at my daughter's wedding. When I bought the suit I was told by the shop designer the color of the suit would be fine.

Linda
    Tx2Step

Answer by Tx2Step at 9:23 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• You should be fine. It has other colors in it and I doubt anyone would think you were trying to upstage the bride. I had a girl at my wedding wear a white skirt with yellow flowers and black trim with a yellow top and a white cardigan and she called me after to apologize for being so inconsiderate wearing white that she hadn't realized it until her mother pointed it out. Honestly I didn't notice at all and if I had I wouldn't have cared bc there were other colors in the outfit! She didn't wear a stark white slip dress lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Apr. 26, 2009