How can you fix it if you are separated?

I see alot of question were somone wants space, wants to leave, wants time, wants to separate for a little bit. My question is that how do you fix a relationship (two people) by trying to handle the problems alone? Doesn't it just fix one side? You are a couple the problem took the two of you, affected the two of you and should be fixed by the two of you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• sometimes a person needs to be alone to figure out what they want
    CSRodriguez

Answer by CSRodriguez at 1:59 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• or have hot wild make up sex!!!!
    Anonymous

• CS

But what the one person wants is going to affect the two in the relationship shouldn't they talk about it?
    Anonymous

• I think being apart lets both people make up their minds about what they want.
    beingamomrocks1

Answer by beingamomrocks1 at 2:24 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Sometimes you need time and space to think clearly, and not be suffocated or talked into what the other person wants. I'd rather take some time and space, get it right and then come together to made amends to each other. If one person is desperate and clingy that pushes the other right away. Being separated does not me you go outside of your relationship/marriage with others.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 2:49 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I think part of it is that whole "you don't know what you have until it's gone". Sometimes people have to separate and go it alone briefly to realize that they love the other person and that the problems they had/are having are not big enough to destroy that love and make them willing to live without that person permanently.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 4:54 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Maybe the person wants out I know that is painful but sometime things end
    CSRodriguez

Answer by CSRodriguez at 12:17 AM on Apr. 27, 2009