Husband's/SO Hobbies

Does your DH or SO have a hobby? My DH has several projects that he likes to spend LOTS of time doing. We have 2 kids under 2 and I am a stay at home mommy. On the weekends he wants to work on his projects and it upsets me because I want to spend time as a family and maybe get some time for myself. Am I wrong in wanting his hobby to be on the bottom list of priorties?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• No, I would feel the same way! How would he feel if when he came home you went straight to doing your hobby and leaving him with the kids?! He wouldn't like it, so it goes the same. He needs to do his hobbies when the kids are asleep or something. It's unfair and really selfish!!
    Anonymous

• Funny I asked this question just yesterday.
    beingamomrocks1

Answer by beingamomrocks1 at 2:22 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• He should have a few hours to work on his hobby. The family should also be a hobby, of sorts, of course. In other words, the hobby helps him to relax and to do something constructive and something he enjoys, and so should the family. So perhaps you can arrange to have family time being something he'll find fun and relaxing. A picnic, a trip to the zoo. Don't complain or nag. Put on a gentle smile and tell him that tomorrow it would be fun if you took the children for a walk around the mall, or this evening let's take a walk around the neighborhood- all of you. Some men don't find children under two all that fun, it will get better as they get older and he can actually do stuff with them. For now be pleasant, be sunny, claim only an hour or two of his weekend time.

Answer by Bmat at 2:34 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• hahaha...my hubby isnt home enough to have a "hobby". When he's home he spends all his extra time with us.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 4:09 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Online Poker.. ( not cool), 24/7 Sports watching on T.V. (again not cool).. hmm.. any other hobby would be anything that HE wants to do when he wants to do it...
    Anonymous