How many days should we plan to take to see Universal Studios FL

We are going to Disney in Dec and are there for 7 nights, but are only getting 5 day tickets so that we can go to Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure. We were wondering how long it takes to do both parks. Our kids will be almost 4 and turning 2 the last day we are there.

CorbinsMomma

Asked by CorbinsMomma at 2:16 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Travel

• a day each for Islands of Adventure and Universal would be enough.

You might want to try Sea World. Universal has lots of roller coasters and stuff that's great for older kids, but I'm not sure how much there is for younger kids.

You could also take a break from the parks and do something local that won't be as expensive or take the whole day. I haven't been in a long time, but the Orlando Science Center has lots of great things for younger kids. 

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 2:21 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• One park a day is how we typically do it. But I don't know how your kids are, so if they aren't up for a whole day, you may want to take a little more time.
    Sea World is really awesome too. They have a new roller coaster opening Memorial Day. At that age, they'll probably LOVE Sea World. There is also a small park called Gatorland. It's $25 for entrance, and it's really fun to take a half day to do. They have a huge collection of humongous alligators. You can buy hotdogs to feed them, it's very interesting. They sell an extra ticket to do all the 'extra' stuff, but you don't have to do all that to make it worth your time if you don't want to spend the money.
    Universal to me is all about the rides, I don't remember a lot of small kid stuff at US, but there is a children's area at Islands of Adventure. We haven't been to Universal in quite a while, so I'm sure it's changed quite a bit.
    AndrisMom

Answer by AndrisMom at 2:24 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• If your kids are into Dr. Suess, Diego/Dora, or Spongebob ALOT, then Universal will be good for one day tops. The park is terrible for anyone under 5 or 6, but those characters are at the park, and your kids may like it.
    You can get through it in a day for sure.

Like MAUREEN said, go to SeaWorld, your young kids will appreciate it much more.
    Its also alot less grimey.

We went to universal after disney, and i honestly felt my heart break. The workers curse, spit, act terrible. I'm no snob, but it was really disenchanting. SeaWorld has magic.

redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 2:24 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Ran out of room! If you stay on I-Drive semi-near the convention center you can walk to a whole bunch of stuff. The hotels there are fairly inexpensive, I recommend searching w/ Orbitz or whatever to get ratings then booking through the hotel's site. That way if there is an issue the hotel can change your booking a lot easier. There is mini-golf, Ripleys, Titanic, malls, restaurants, etc. The Lobster Feast is great if you like seafood. There is also a Trolley you can get tickets for and ride around I-Drive.
    Sea World has a special on right now, $80 gets you into two of their parks. Aquatica looks really fun.We haven't been yet, but I've heard great things about it. There is also a bus that goes back and forth from Sea World to Busch Gardens if you would rather go there.
    Whatever you do, you'll have a blast and wish you had more time. There is way too much to do in Orlando.
    AndrisMom

Answer by AndrisMom at 2:29 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I totally forgot about Sea World. We can get in there for free being military. Thanks for reminding me. That may be what we do then. My oldest son is really into Spiderman, Hulk, Cpt America...etc so that's why we were thinking Universal.
    CorbinsMomma

Answer by CorbinsMomma at 2:37 PM on Apr. 25, 2009