UTI's

I have been getting UTI's (or I think thats what it is, I have burning feeling) every month for about 3 months. It only last one or two days and it is always the day after the 1st time my hubby and I have sex after my period, than I have no more the rest of the month.

What could be causing this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Health

• It could be the germs migrating from the vagina or lower to the urinary tract because of the activity down there. Don't stay and enjoy after intimacy more than 15 minutes. Make yourself get up and urinate and wash. Drink a couple glasses of water right afterward, too. And if you can, a glass or so of water before. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 2:41 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Do you go pee after you have sex? I've always heard that the bacteria your hubby pushes into you during intercourse can cause an infection. So, I'd say just go pee and clean up good after sex.

Also, they sell cranberry pills at wal-mart or wherever and I've had people swear they prevent UTI's.
    Scarletts_Mommy

Answer by Scarletts_Mommy at 2:45 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Cranberry capsules are great, and be sure to drink lots of water. Avoid caffiene and sugar.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:07 PM on Apr. 25, 2009