I have a three month old son, and i lost weight when i had him, but soon after i gained all the weight back, if there is any tips on how to lose weight fast let me know. my bf is getting me a mebership at the ymca, but i was just wondering if any mothers had any ideas on how to lose the baby weight...

jesseleona55

Asked by jesseleona55 at 2:32 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Health

• sit ups. I know what you mean about losing the weight after birth and then gaining it back, it sucks! I was happy to have lost the weight from being pregnant unitl it can back a few weeks later. Not sure why that happens but I doubt that you and I are the only ones. lol. Sit ups worked for me. and a membership is expensive but nice to have. Good luck to the both of us! :)
    YoungandExcited

Answer by YoungandExcited at 3:13 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Eat sensibly and exercise. Weight Watchers has a great plan. But don't try to lose it FAST. Pounds lost too quickly have a habit of coming back and bringing friends.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:15 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• It might be a good idea to get your thyroid checked just to be sure there is no underlying issues.
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 4:34 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Let's start with this basic fact. A diet is a temporary fix; dieting leads to the rollercoaster of gain and loss. You need to exercise regularly, start with 20 minute walks at night. Now comes the hard part, changing the way your family eats. First, drink water: at least 8 8 ounces glasses every day; need to jazz it up? Add a slice of orange or lemon; for the kids, freeze ice cubes with a blueberry "eyeball". Next, stop buying white food (rice, sugar, bread, pasta, etc.). You need to buy whole grains (read the label, the first ingredient should be a whole grain): brown rice, whole what pasta, whole grain bread, quinoa, barley, you get the idea. Eat 7 servings of whole grains every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables everday, in a rainbow of colors. Your weightloss will not be quick, but it will be lasting. You will be setting an awesome example for your kids. Please contact me for recipes. Out of room!

Answer by rkoloms at 6:05 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I used the Cinch Inch Loss Plan to shed my post-baby weight. I loved their protein shakes and meals bars. If you want more about my story you can e-mail me at megan_richert@yahoo.com
    Have a wonderful day!
    Megan
    MeganKay1977

Answer by MeganKay1977 at 7:17 PM on Apr. 25, 2009