White sores under tounge

About 3 days ago I noticed white sores under my tounge. I did a symptom checked online and I dont think its strep because I dont have a fever, my throat is swollen but not sore, I have beem stuffy for about a week and recently started getting migraines everyday. The sores are just little white dots under my tounge, its very sore to move my tounge around and chew food. I know a great idea would to be go to the doctors but I dont have any health insurance. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Health

• canker sores? once in awhile I get one on the side of my tongue and it hurts just like you described. You can't be sure w/o seeing a doctor.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 2:51 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Sores either or both inside and outside the mouth can be a form of herpes. (Like even just herpes simplex, cold sores, which for many people is a very minor problem) I would go somewhere like Planned Parenthood that will do STD testing for free which will rule that out (you can get tested & it will show up even if your sores go away before you get there). You can also try to find a free health clinic in your area, and they can test you for whatever else it may be.
    Anonymous

• I got these when I was about 12 years old. They hurt really bad. Hurts to talk and swallow. I didnt go to the dr either. THey went away on their own. I wasnt sexually active at 12 years old, so I soubt that the bumps you have are STD's?! lol. I think they are what the first person wrote, little sores just under the tongue instead of on the tongue. I know it hurts a lot, hope you get better soon! :)
    YoungandExcited

Answer by YoungandExcited at 3:10 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• sounds like canker sores
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 3:18 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• You don't have to be sexually active to get cold sores (which is technically herpes simplex, and because it can be transmitted sexually, is also considered an STD). Children get cold sores all the time and no one thinks anything of it but, it IS an STD. Herpes simplex can be passed through sexual behaviour to genetalia to another mouth from kissing (even closed mouth kissing like some people kiss thier kids) or from other oral contact like sharing drinks and food. Look it up.
    Anonymous

• Try to find a free clinic in or around your area. Or perhaps one that will allow you to make a payment on a sliding scale fee.
    You really should have that looked at.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:47 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• It does sound like herpes; you need to get it looked at before the virus spread in your body.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:03 PM on Apr. 25, 2009