Waterproofing a wooden cradle

I have a wooden cradle, that I want to know if I can waterproof the whole thing, and then put some type of removable liner in it to use as a cooler outside. I think it would be adorable filled with ice and drinks all summer instead of that old red and white thing we've been using.

Thanks so much for your help

navywife6

Asked by navywife6 at 2:39 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• You could use outdoor wood and deck waterproofing sprays or the paint on kind. And you can find a tub to decorate to make the removable liner. It would be a cute idea but if its not outdoor wood then the crib could still begin to rot. Most outdoor woods are pretreated and then coated to keep it sealed so the wood doesn't rot. You could ask at home depot or lowes. Good luck
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:43 PM on Apr. 25, 2009