Henrietta Hughes (woman who asked Obama for help) still struggling?

What do you think of this example of joblessness in our country? Henrietta Hughes personally asked Obama for a house a few months ago. She is living free in a Rep's house. Yet, she still hasn't gotten a job and hasn't even saved enough money to pay her bills.

- Do you think she is living outside of her means? She lives free. Pays $87.00 in tithes (church donations). Is taking computer classes. Pays over $100 in storage fees, even though she has moved into a house.

- Do you think that she and her son should both be taking classes instead of working, say at a lesser skilled job, for the time being to save money? She wants to ""Get a job and get on to do things that I decide to do." If she is struggling that hard, why not settle for any job, at least ONE of them to save up for housing?

Is this a little bit of entitlement here or priorities wrong?

http://www.winknews.com/news/local/43385017.html

thundernlight

Asked by thundernlight at 2:40 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• yes, her priorities are messed up. she and her son should be flippin burgers or cleaning houses, or washing cars, babysit...whatever they can do. they should be saving as much as they can while living for free.

I do think donating is important, however, not in her case at this point in her life. She could use that money to pay off her bills and get her back on her feet for when she's out of the house. $87.00 could go to 2 credit card payments!!!

common sense in my book and simple planning. Seems like that is what a lot of people are lacking. bust your hump flippin burgers and get a raise in no time.
    Anonymous

• because if she does that, she will be in trouble again in a year or wo. Do you know what deal she made with the rep is? Maybe they suggested school......so she can better her life
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:16 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• No, the Representative's wife owns the house. It is on the market for sale, and they are letting this woman live there free until it sells.

thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 3:30 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• she's a mooch. wants handouts. I'd like to live free and go take computer classes all day!

why not flip burgers AND take classes at night??? hhhmmmm. too much to ask from someone who already asks too much? she clearly has enough money for all the food she eats!!!
    Anonymous

• she is a moocher my husband and i both plan on going back to school and working. if we can do it any one can, by the way we have four kids under the age of four and one has special needs so there are not excuses to why someone can not better their lives..
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 5:00 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• We both work. I just started back in school after some time off. We have to pay for our house, our bills.
    Some people have entitlement issues. Feel the government owes them when they are down on their luck.

Some people believe in working hard on their own for the American Dream. Those who work hard are the ones who end up paying for those who feel entitled. my opinion.
    myame

Answer by myame at 5:18 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• no kidding. struggling, not a good word. dependent a better word. gmab.

Anonymous

• Those who work hard are the ones who end up paying for those who feel entitled. my opinion.

Those who work hard will soon stop working so hard, then what will dems do to pay for The Entitled States of America?
    Anonymous

• I went to college right after high school, and WORKED 2 jobs so I could have my own apartment, pay for my own car, and still finished my degree as well as my husband who did the same. I agree that education is a big step in furthering yourself into the working world, but this lady can do both in order to advance her life. Work hard for what you want instead of getting everything for free-it's the easy way out.
    Anonymous

• I worked full time and went to school full time. Sometimes I worked a part time job too! It is called work ethic. She has none.

Can you say professional couch potato?????????????????
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:15 PM on Apr. 25, 2009