Am i pregnant?

I just had a baby in feb. and my period was normal and i switched birth control because i stopped breatfeading and now im on yaz and like on the 3rd week of taking it i started my period but very light for like 10 days then like the 11th day its got heavier i only ever had my period for 7 days at the most... Is this normal ? because i am really worried and i just had a baby and i dont know if i can handle being pregnant again. Im on my 12th day on my period.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your period can take a year to get back on a normal cycle and the bleeding for the first 6 weeks is caused by the baby and then you will get a period again. So yes its normal to bleed for longer than usual and switching up the pills and everything else will cause your cycle to change. Don't worry you just had a baby so its normal.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:51 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Thank you for being so kind brailynsmama08. It is refreshing to see a kind answer to this type of question.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 3:53 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• what else would anybody say?
    Anonymous

• I do agree with brailynsmama08... it'll take some time for you to get back to normal :) Congrats on your recent new baby though!

My only advice is.. I used Yaz.. and took it at the same time every day.. because I didn't want another baby so soon... well my daughter is 14 months old and I am 23 weeks pregnant.. lol.. my doctor said they have been seeing a high failure rate in Yaz and a couple others. I just like to pass this along when I see questions like this!
    dueinfeb2008

Answer by dueinfeb2008 at 5:31 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• i hope not
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 5:29 PM on Apr. 26, 2009