Teething already?!

My DD is almost 3 months old. sometimes she throws awful crying fits. some end with me walking around outside with her, others end with her nawing on my fingers. shes drooling a little more than usual. not much but still more. no fevers that i have noticed, and it only seems to be her back teeth bothering her... i know all this sounds unusual but could she be teething already?

F43L34

Asked by F43L34 at 2:48 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like teething to me :] My son started teething at 2 months old and now at 5 months his first little tooth is poking out of his gums! I also use the Hyland's teething tablets and they work just great. My cousin bought him a teething ring that when he bites on it, it vibrates. Soothes him.
    KareemsMami

Answer by KareemsMami at 12:49 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I thought the same thing a few weeks after mine turned 3 months. Same symptoms. A lot of people said its never too early to get teeth. He is 7 months old now and still no teeth though. Good luck with the crying. Just keep an eye on her gums. Note any changes and toys help a lot or a cold wash cloth.
    YoungandExcited

Answer by YoungandExcited at 3:23 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Definately. My son started teething at 2 and a half months but never got any until 4and a half months. He had a hard time with them coming. But yes it is most likely her teething. You can try a few different things to help her out though. Like damping a rag and freezing for a few minutes and letting her gum it. It will help them not hurt. Or chilling a teether. etc. Good luck.
    tiffanyec21

Answer by tiffanyec21 at 3:34 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Stick a clean finger in her mouth; you will be able to feel a bump if a tooth is on the way. Put some damp washclothes in the freezer for her to chew on and pick up Hylands Teething Tabs (in a few years you will discover that they are great for growing pains, too).

Answer by rkoloms at 3:41 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Oh yes it is possible, they also could just be moving around up there. Some babies are born with teeth :)
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 4:27 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• well some parts of her gums are rough. also her k-9s are large. i use my finger all the time and it makes her happy. she refuses to use a teether tho. maybe when she is able to hold things herself it will work. today i let her hold my index fingers and she chewed on each one at different times by putting my finger in her mouth and pulling it out n putting the other in. she does have an appointment next wednesdayso we shall see what i can use. thank you all!

Always
    ~Syl~
    Fae-Lee
    F43L34

Answer by F43L34 at 7:08 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Oh btw my son never liked to use the teethers before either, but when he was able to hold things himself and shove them in his mouth, he loves them. Maybe when she gets a little older let her suck on an ice cube.
    KareemsMami

Answer by KareemsMami at 12:50 PM on Apr. 26, 2009