so... as many of you might see me pretty often here, i have a question again :)

ok so im 36 weeks and 2 days and my braxton hick contractions have stopped and my lil girl is starting to get a little bit more active specially when we talk to her or to loud noises, she is just more alert, does it mean that if my bh stopped and my baby is more alert and active i can be just pretty close to delivery?

maryfer

Asked by maryfer at 2:49 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No. Braxton hicks come and go all the time. Babies are more aware of noises at 36 weeks so they can respond if the noise is loud enough. The more movement the less likely you are as a baby usually slows down before the big day as it sleeps more to prepare for the trip. Most women notice a drastic change in movement before they have the baby and the more active just means the baby is enjoying the freedom it has still. The more she is awake and moving the less likely you are to go into labor. As for the BH they will come and go, if your doing a lot or dehydrated at all they can seem stronger and if your doing less you may not notice them at all.
    Anonymous

• no, it has nothing to do with that. time will tell, patience is key.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 11:23 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Just be Patient. I know you are worried and scared about missing a sign or whats going to happen. Watching and waiting, Believe me when its coming you WILL know. Braxton Hicks Contractions as my first OB called them are like practice rounds, they have no baring on when you will go into labor just your body reactting to the pregnancy. At 36 weeks your baby should be very active, reacting to loud sounds as well as the sounds that are familiar like voices etc. This too has nothing to do with labor, you still have 4 weeks, left for full term so don't rush it.
    Mommyxtwo777

Answer by Mommyxtwo777 at 7:50 AM on Apr. 26, 2009