How do I get my hair back to one color?

I've dyed it many times, and now I have parts that are brown, parts that are blonde, and parts that are orange that just stay in my hair no matter how much I dye over them, they end up showing through later.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• You can strip the color out and start over. You but it at Sallys and it will turn your hair all white, then you process it and recolor it. make sure you buy a same day kit.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:57 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• PLEASE dont strip your hair it will only make it more difficult to hold color. you need to see someone proffesional about this but if you cant here is my advice... you need to fill your hair first. typically when filling i use a level 7 or 8 copper blonde,if you are wanting to go level 5 or 6 brown as end result. the filler will deposit a strange orangey-beige color on all the blonde and lighter parts of your hair. leave the filler on the same amount as a typical haircolor, ususally 25 minutes depositing. rinse and dry. THEN apply the target color, try using something that is the same level or one darker than desired. Warm or neutral base, no ash, no red. the filler will keep it from turning that weird green color. anyways.... like i said a proffesional job would be best but if you cant afford it i hope this helps!!!!
    tatmum

Answer by tatmum at 3:48 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• i agree with the second poster!! Do not strip your hair!! Go pay the money and get it proffesionally done and stop using that awful box color!!! I can tell a mile away when someone has box color in their hair. It always looks like crap and is 4 differant shades! yuck
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 5:42 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I agree with you forevermom75 but what if you don't have the money???????????/
    Anonymous

• The blonde streaks in it are done by a stylist...although it was a very SUCKY stylist. Wal-Mart is NOT professional. The orange color is from the box :(
    Anonymous

• Shave your head and start over.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 11:28 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• QUIT DYING YOUR HAIR, i think your lucky your hair hasnt fallen out yet
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 5:27 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• People say "I dont have the money" then they have already spent $10 per box color. So if you messed it up with the first one you go buy a second one to fix it. Now your at $20. With a messed up head. Going to a salon and fixing it $100 plus. If you can afford color...DONT DO IT!!! covering gray is fine. That's just a root touch up, but not highlights and changing your color to another. No color is better than BAD COLOR!!
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 3:30 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• That is what happened to me I went with a darker color like dark brown or black and just let my roots grow in after that and started over
    ladybug.ky88

Answer by ladybug.ky88 at 1:17 AM on May. 1, 2009