What would you do?

I didn't know which group to post this in..but I guess anyone can answer it. I'm setting up my baby girl's nursery (27.5 weeks along) and my fiance's parents got us all used furniture, but it's really nice stuff. Like imported from Italy. I guess the people who they got the furniture from also gave them the bedding for the crib. Would you use it? I already had bought my girl bedding for only like 80 bucks that I really love, cause I didn't know they were giving their bedding to us. Should I return what I bought and save the money? These people seem to be really clean people and all the furniture is in wonderful condition but I don't know....

LittleMonster22

Asked by LittleMonster22 at 2:58 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Ummm YAAA!!!! Go return the stuff you bought if you like the other stuff enough...this should be a no brainer :-P
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 3:03 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• You pick the one you want or switch it out like we do. We got a set for our baby shower and we bought a set we wanted and we switch it out every few months. It is your choice and no one will be mad at you if you want your daughter to have new bedding that you and your husband picked out. People understand that kind of thing. Its not like someone hand made it for you and you see them all the time. Don't feel obligated because you can always switch it out if for some reason the bedding all needs changed.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 3:04 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• To the person who answered first - if it was a no brainer, do you think I would have asked the question? Probably not. Thanks
    LittleMonster22

Answer by LittleMonster22 at 3:22 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I bought bedding that I have been eyeing for over a year and it was originally close to $400 and after I got pregnant found out it was on sale for $125, so I bought it before they stopped selling it or it went back up. I told most of my family and then this last week my stepmom says she bought bedding at a yard sale. I just figure I will use that whenever I need to change it out - diaper leaks, vomit, whatever. I'm decorating the nursery around the set that I bought, though.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:53 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I dunno...there are some ridiculous questions on here. I'm just all about saving money so thats why I find it to be a no brainer.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 4:09 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• if you really like what you bought keep it, otherwise wash the other stuff and then use it :)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 4:10 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• My main concern was the cleanliness of using someone else's bedding. Since this is my first baby I was unsure about how much the stuff really gets "dirty"..and that's where my dilemma came in. Sure, saving money is great. Also, picking out your own stuff is great. But my main question was - do you think it's unsafe or a risky thing to use someone else's bedding when you really don't knwo what's been on it before. You know? Thanks
    LittleMonster22

Answer by LittleMonster22 at 4:26 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• You can always keep it and use both. Sometimes if the baby spits up a lot or has runny diapers it gets on the bedding. If you have to take it off to wash you can always put the other set on and use it until it gets messed up. Just keep switching. I was a paranoid new mom and didn't trust any bedding on the crib because I couldn't see my baby when I layed down. So I had to keep getting up to check every few minutes so I took his bedding off so I didn't have to keep getting up at night. Also do your nursery color in something that will work for both bedding sets that way it will still match.
    tiffanyec21

Answer by tiffanyec21 at 4:47 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• this is my frist to and i got alot of people giving me things and i really dont want to use it but my mom says just wash it in really hot water if that make me feel better or wash it as meny times as i need till i think its clean
    honeyb690

Answer by honeyb690 at 5:14 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I don't think it's unsafe as long as you wash it first. I'm planning on shopping for my baby (once we go through whatever our families give us as shower gifts) at second hand stores for clothes so I don't think its that much different. I know a lot of cloth diapering moms that buy used cloth diapers to save money, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you like it, use it, if you don't, take it to the Goodwill or somewhere like that.

Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:44 PM on Apr. 25, 2009