Swaddling?

okay so since day one ive been swaddling my son so he can sleep and now thats its getting hotter out its pretty much impossible to wrap him. ive tried about 30039434634 different ways to get him to sleep without being swaddled and he wont sleep any other way!! any suggestions??

Itssambaybee

Asked by Itssambaybee at 3:03 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Use a lighter blanket on it and leave his feet out as the body releases heat from the hands, feet and head. So swaddle him around his stomach only and leave the rest out so he doesn't over heat. Or put him in a onsie and swaddle him and leave his head and feet uncovered.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 3:05 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• maybe a lighter material and without any clothes, just the blanket.
    YoungandExcited

Answer by YoungandExcited at 3:06 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• My daughters were swaddled through the summer... if it was really hot, I just did a light Miracle Blanket and diaper underneath... if baby's not ready to sleep unswaddled, I try that. When we did finally wean from swaddling (both girls were around 6 months) I took one arm out the first few nights, 2 arms out the next few nights, then nothing. Doing it around this age, though, they soon started rolling onto their tummies and slept better than ever.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 3:11 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• get a really thin swaddle thats what we did and it works, she doesn't get too hot, and you can leave his clothes off too except a diaper.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 4:05 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• If you baby is like my baby, she depends on her night time routine to get to sleep. Without her routine, she will not go to sleep. Swaddling just might have become his routine. You might have to change it up and it may take a few days to get the new routine to work just as well as the other. What we do is change diaper, rub calming lotion all over her body and massage it, put her in a her pjs, give her a bottle, rock for about 10 mins the lay her in her crib. and she will sleep 7 hours (90% of the time). She is 2 months old and ever since we got this routine down, she has been sleeping like a champ (most of the time).
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 4:16 PM on Apr. 25, 2009