Do you ask other moms for play dates on the first day you meet?

This is my daughter's first year at her school and she has 2 really good friends that I hear about all the time. I met their mothers at a school fair today but I didn't want to seem pushy or coo coo. I really would like for my daughter to see her friends some time during the summer. Does anyone exchange numbers when they first meet moms or is that too soon?

Alizzie_Mom

Asked by Alizzie_Mom at 3:11 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• Maybe invite the mom's over for a barbecue or lunch with the girls, and get to know them more, then see about playdates.
    IRA871

Answer by IRA871 at 3:35 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I don't think so. Just express that your daughter really enjoys there child, and you have heard so much about them and would like to keep in touch of the summer for fun stuff, playdates, etc. I don't think that's "coo coo"
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 3:45 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• At the end of the year, invite the mom and the child over for a short playdate. Offer her coffee and the kids snacks but keep it to an hour. There's no pressure. I don't know how old your child is but I don't see a big benefit to playdates with really small kids.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:27 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• No
    kylesboo

Answer by kylesboo at 5:39 PM on Apr. 25, 2009