Anyone have any tricks for an early phone upgrade?

Im with verizon and my phone is old and cheap and isnt working. I get an upgrade in a month but i need a phone that works till then. I dont have a house phone and dont want to pay full price for a new phone.. Anyone have or know any tricks to this?

BallardMomma

Asked by BallardMomma at 3:12 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I agree with Ash - Verizon is pretty good with customer service. Walk in or give them a call and see what they can do for you. Even if they offer you one of their cheapo phones until you are able to upgrade, it would be better than nothing. We have Verizon and I am so looking forward to June 4th when I can upgrade! I know exactly what I want, too.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:21 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Well you cant get out of your contract just yet, but I think if you buy another phone like off ebay or something, you can use it until you are eligible for a new one. If it works then just stick it out, if it doesnt work then you should be able to take it in to the service dept and let them look at it. They might swap same for same if its defective. Just call them and see what they will do.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:19 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Tell them you will cancel if they do not upgrade you ask to speak to a manager in sales on the phone most cell phone company's have a group called ( save ) that will upgrade you to keep you as a customer I worked for ATT and we did good luck

tlc-mom

Answer by tlc-mom at 3:30 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• If you call Verizon directly they will usually let you upgrade early. I have Verizon and was able to upgrade 3 months early and my sister was able to 8 months early. Just say your phone isn't working and you need it, and you don't want to pay the full amount for a brand new phone when you could get an upgrade in 1 month anways. Usually they are pretty good about that.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 3:38 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• You can also try to get one of those phones that are prepaid at like Target, etc. Until you are able to upgrade.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 3:43 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• With alltel you can upgrade and sign a new two year contract 3 months before your old one runs out. Check and see if they do that.
    tiffanyec21

Answer by tiffanyec21 at 5:04 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I used to work there. They have prepaids that you can buy for the month you need it...or you can activate an old verizon phone that you have and use it until you can upgrade...or if your hubby is eligible to upgrade right now you can use his upgrade and then he can use yours later.
    BethTTC

Answer by BethTTC at 6:47 PM on Apr. 25, 2009