I need ideas for baby's first birthday!!!

Its for my daughter first b-day, I got three months to plan now and I was wanting some themes, game ideas, outfit ideas, or suggestions:}

MrsWarner

Asked by MrsWarner at 3:22 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I rented out the pavillion at a big park near by. Little ones can just run around (all parents will be attending) and I can keep my son from getting too overwhelmed.
    Small is not an option for us due to a very large/close family...so I am hoping every one will just mingle while we BBQ burgers and so on....
    As for kids activities, bubbles and kites.....I will also cover a picnic table with paper and leave markers/;crayons laying around for them to color with....
    I am putting a matted frame out with markers so people can write happy birthday on the mat. I am going to put a pic of him at the party in it and hang it in his room. I will also make a posterboard of "Eldon's first year" with pics/dates of milestones etc...
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 3:52 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Honestly, keep it small. Most parents want to have a big party but it is really to much for the little ones. For my sons 1st, I just had a small party at the park. That way my nieces and nephews could play and not really be in my way and everyone could have fun. My son had fun too sliding and swinging. But really they are too little to understand a big event like that. I worried about outfits and all too but I knew he would get cake all over him so I just let him wear a little outfit that was comfortable and changed him after he was all caked out. As far as a theme, I did spongebob and my mom made spongebob cakes. I just decorated in Blue and Yellow. It matched spongebob and I didn't want to spend a lot of specific plates and stuff. I also had custom spongebob candy and stuff made and made goody bags for all of the kids. Candy, stickers, little toys like whistles and stuff, and so on. Hope this helps. PM for more.
    tiffanyec21

Answer by tiffanyec21 at 3:39 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• First birthdays are usually more parent thing, my daughter's first one was a princess party, found a cute little paper crown with flowers on it at dollar tree, Pink theme, just had a few friends over, and did the cake thing. There are good ideas online though. Party City
    IRA871

Answer by IRA871 at 3:39 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• water play :)
    sprinlers water tables ect
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 4:05 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• try looking at the oriental trading company page they have 63 different 1st birthday themes really good prices.
    ladyluck09

Answer by ladyluck09 at 4:08 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Sorry, I don't understand. Aren't you just having a small celebration with family and a few close friends? We didn't start having "kids parties" until 4.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:13 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• my son loves the thomas and friends theme song, so I had his 1st bday a thomas and friends/train theme. nothing crazy. I found a thomas bday banner, got a thomas and friends bday cake from walmart (came with free smash cake for him), and everything else was solid colored napkins and all. we had iced tea, fruit punch and gingerale, two fruit platters and chips and dip. the invitations were sent out to family and a few close friends. i had everyone show up about an hour after his usual wake up time from nap#1 and they all left a few hours later! it was very nice, simple and not overwhelming. i found a 1st bday onesie and "birthday boy" bib at a carters outlet. to entertain the nephews I had a bubble machine i got at walmart for $8.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 6:35 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• your best bet would be to check out

orientaltrading.com

they have great themes, and supplies, as well as games, etc. All for very cheap. I love it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:04 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I did a Elmo Thing. Dallas fave thing besides mommy daddy blankey and bubba! some balloweens stremaers light food elmo cake.. LOTS OF PICTURES...
    Dallasmommie

Answer by Dallasmommie at 1:28 AM on Apr. 26, 2009