Anyone else suffering from HHHW (High Heat and Humidity wave)?

What are you doing to stay cool? How hot is it and where are you from?

Its 82 degrees here (southern tier of NY) and very humid, slight wind but not enough to keep it cool!! I gave my dd (10 months) a cool shower and purposely got my shirt wet a little and now I am standing infront of the fan. It feels good!!

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 3:36 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes we live in Westville Illinois and it is warm today family wants the air on but I'm not ready for the bill lol
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 3:57 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• girl im in va right out side dc and its 92!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 4:01 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• wow, what happened to that snow storm you northerns just had? I would think you didn't have time for it to melt before such a heat wave set in. I live in FL and it's not hot and humid enough to complain about. Is this that global warming stuff Gore warned us about?

Answer by admckenzie at 4:11 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I'm in northern VA south of DC, too, and our temp right now reads 91 degrees outdoors. The inside temp is 76 degrees, but we have the blinds shut against the sun, ceiling fans running, regular fans running, windows open, and we're wearing lightweight clothing. It feels humid to me (I'm a native of Maine), but the rest of the family says it feels just fine.
    We're staying hydrated and staying indoors!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:17 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• It is 90 here. I didn't go outside except to get the paper. I have had the house closed up all day since we don't have the air conditioning on yet. The shutters closed, the draperies drawn, on the sunny side of the house. It is about 70 inside right now.

Answer by Bmat at 4:40 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• It's 86 here right now, but with all the windows open, it's pretty cool. I was a flea market earlier and OMG when I got home I had to peel my jeans off. I had a severe case of swampass! Sticking to cotton from now on!!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:45 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• We don't have that problem,its 43 degrees out right now!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 5:29 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• My husband broke down and agreed that we needed to turn on the a/c last night....lol. It was sheer heaven last night with the a/c on and it's still on today!
    The outside temp is up to 93 degrees and the humidity is higher today than it was yesterday. We're just staying indoors being lazy today before a busy week ahead.
    I dread summers in Virginia. :(
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 3:37 PM on Apr. 26, 2009