In Need of Birthday Party Ideas for an 11 Year Old Boy

My son is going to be 11 at the end of May. He said he would be happy just having friends over and play video games -which is fine, but they do this all the time anyway and I would like to make the party a little more special.

He said he would be fine having a BBQ and then coming indoors to play, but I am afraid the other children might become bored since only two can play a game at one time. Maybe I am making too big a deal out of it - I am at a loss here...

Any ideas on how to make it a little more interesting would be wonderful.

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• How about horse riding? I did that for my daughter one year. I found a friend that owned horses and was willing to let the kids ride that morning. It was a lot of fun!
    Anonymous

• Laser tag is fun.
    Anonymous

• Laser tag.. ha.. that sounds really fun. My son is going to turn 10 next Sep, and i promise him a huge blash for him. I only do birthday party once every 5 yrs, so it is going to be huge!! I am already preparing it .
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 3:45 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• batting cage party?
    or if there is an arcade near you maybe you can rent it out for the party
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 3:59 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Not sure if there is anything similar to this where you live but close to me is a place where you can have parties and play Playstation, Xbox, Wii, etc. About 10 people can play at a time. Also, how many t.v's do you have in your house? One year my husband and his friends got together and had a gaming party. There were 2 playstations, an Xbox, a Nintendo, and another gaming system all in our livingroom. As long as there is a plug in and extra t.v.'s then you can hook up just about anything.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 4:31 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Hey - Thank you for all these ideas! :-)
    Anonymous

• 11 is a tough age. Is there a nearby community center? For my daughter's 11th birthday we had a pool party (1.5 hours for about $75, including two lifeguards). We also had a large room for an hour, where we had cake and opened presents.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:52 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Try this website - http://www.birthdaypartyideas4kids.com under the tween section. They have lots of great ideas that are great for 11 year olds.
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 7:25 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I just had my son's 11th birthday party today. There was 8 boys total and they played wiffle ball and football, played with water tubes (they're like big water guns in the shape of tubes...I got them at the dollar store), they ate BBQ and I was brave and let the have silly string. They had a blast. (and I'm worn out) Hope your son has as much as mine did today. Good Luck!
    blueyes581

Answer by blueyes581 at 11:37 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• We did a BBQ last year when our oldest turned 10. He loved it. This year he wants to have it at the pavilion at the local park. That will be the day before his bday. His bday is on Father's Day this year. On his bday we are taking him, one friend, and his little brother to a water park.
    paralegal09

Answer by paralegal09 at 2:05 PM on Apr. 26, 2009