Philadephia PA Moms----

What is there to do there for families? I know I can look on websites myself but I wanted to hear oppinions on fun things to do there from moms who actually have been and know the hot spots! Fun places to go for families during the day and early evening and adults at night but we don't drink alchohol so bars aren't really our thing. Thanks so much!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Travel

• the zoo, the New Jersey Aquarium, Philly has a ton of muesums. Right outside the city not far away is Seseame Place. Jackson NJ has a 6 Flags. You can take the train from Philly to Ner York and well there's a zillion things for you. Some historic sites Independant Hall, Liberty Bell and if your kids are older there's South street.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:48 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• We LOVED Sesame Place (1/2 hour north of Philadelphia). It has water themed activities, play areas, rides, parades, live action shows, reasonable meals, tons of restrooms and changing tables, wide walkways, strollers/wagons are welcome or you can rent them.

The first time we went I wasn't too sure how I'd feel about being in a swimsuit in front of others (I never got my pre-baby body back) but there were mothers there of all shapes and sizes and noone cared! It was all about having fun. It's like reverting back to your childhood. The kids had a great time & so did hubby.

Admission is spendy but it's all inclusive for the park activities and shows (not counting food/carnival games/souveniers). Season passes are a few dollars more. You can cut costs by packing your own lunch. You can't take it into the park, but they have picnic tables in an area just outside to accomodate you. Check out www.sesameplace.com.
    ispybarbie

Answer by ispybarbie at 9:57 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I've heard Hershey Park is wonderful & the hotel is great.
    Anonymous

• yeah but Hershey is 2 1/2 3 hours from Philly not really local.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:36 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• visit the liberty bell, the please touch museum, go see some of the sculptures, valley green, go down by the schukill river (visit boathouse row) and take a walk or watch crew race.
    Anonymous