Do you really think God picks who to save by who has the most people praying for them?

Isn't one person good enough. Or do you think people who have prayer chains get more attention from him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe a person is responsible for their own salvation, not the people praying for him or her.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 3:58 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I believe the person has to have a willing spirit to get saved, it helps to have people pray yes, part of pleasing God is being obedient to His word, having Jesus as Lord, and trusting His guidance each day. Hope that answered you right.
    Anonymous

• I also believe that you are responsible for your own salvation. God gave us all a choice. God loves us all but its up to us to accept him or not.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 4:01 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I don't mean being saved as in going to heaven, I mean as in someone who is sick or hurt.
    Anonymous

• Oh im sorry i didnt see the last part of what you said yes i do think we should pray for each other.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 4:02 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• There was an actual study done and it showed that those who had less people pray for them got better after illness moreso than those that had alot of prayers.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 4:03 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• That's not the point. The point is, is that God calls us to pray for each other and to talk with him when we have a concern. A prayer chain also serves to let people know so that they can help, visit and offer services to the person in need. Prayer bennefits the prayer more than the prayee sometimes too.

Not to mention, psychological studies have shown that people who KNOW they're being prayed for do better and have a higher morale than people who are not being prayed for.

There are many bennefits to prayer. In the end, God answers "yes," "no" or "wait." It isn't always the answer that we want. But no, it doesn't matter how many people pray. God is omnicient and omnipotent, there is no "priority list." He can do anything, any number of things at any time.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 4:03 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

---------------
    Now that is a study I'd like to see. Honestly.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 4:04 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Oh I understand your question now. I think that one person is enough to get God's attention.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 4:04 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I think it says in the Bible something about when 3 are praying

but as for whose life he saves no.

A group of monks did a study not too long ago where they prayed for patients without the patients knowing they were being prayed for. The patients had a higher recovery rate but not all of them lived. I don't know if there was a study on the number of people who prayed for a person.
    Anonymous