Any pharmacy technicians out there?

Planning to go to school to become one and then get licensed.

His_Mommy26

Asked by His_Mommy26 at 4:01 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Money & Work

• I had to take the course and become licensed when I worked as Director for the Medical Records department in a long-term care pharmacy.
    I had already earned a degree as a Medical Assistant which included pharmacology and administering meds, so I was able to take the basic stated-administered course and then become licensed. It isn't difficult. You also need to reinstate your license on a yearly basis, if that is the law in your state.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:36 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• You won't make that much money at it, and the hours are long.
    Anonymous

• I am a certified pharmacy technician. I received on the job training with Walgreens, then they supplied me with all the books needed and they teach a pharmacy technician course for several weeks twice a year, then they pay for you to take the certification test and there you have it. I became a certified pharmacy tech and it didn't cost me anything, they paid me for it. Plus they gave me a decent raise when I passed the certification. In our state we have to reinstate our license once every 2 years, but Walgreens also supplies you with Continuing Education material.
    The hours aren't long, 6-8 hour shifts depending on what you want to work.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:03 PM on Apr. 25, 2009