Is $13 too much to pay for baby shoes?

My daughter is 10 month old, and not walking yet.

I wanted to buy her some sandals, so I found a pair of "trainer shoes" from walmart. They cost $13. My dh says that's too much to be spending for a pair of shoes for a baby that'll grow out of them in no time. What do YOU think? Did I pay too much?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• $13 isn't bad at all!! My daughter's first shoes were $35 plus shipping. They were the soft soled Stride Rite's. I'd tell your husband he's lucky you found such a great priced and cute pair of shoes.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 4:24 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• They are right, babies don't even need shoes. Our doctor said don't even put them on until they need them, which is once they start walking. Its a waste of money really. And he said it can affect the way their little feet grow too.
    Anonymous

• At 10 months just remember you'll likely use them for 2 months tops. (At least it was the case for our daughter). If your daughter wears them every day for 2 months, I'd say it's not a bad price...
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 4:04 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• lol no....they're "WALMART' shoes...tell your hubby to simmer down
    Anonymous

• No, some places are overly expensive on kid shoes, I always go to payless shoes, as much as they grow out of them quickly, is better to find inexpensive shoes. They are still decent quality.
    Anonymous

• Depends LOL

At Walmart I rarely go over about 10 but who cares.....

And those awesome soft shoes..... ..... can't remember the name..... anyway, they go for $26 or more a pair. I actually DID buy my baby a pair of those and I don't even spend that much on shoes for me that often. :)
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 4:09 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Shoes can actually be harmful for a baby; they can damage their soft, growing feet. Look for soft slippers or moccasins with a non-skid sole.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:11 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• OP:
    She has to have something on feet when we go outside, right? If I took my daughter out barefoot then I'd be called a bad mother...
    Anonymous

• Try UGGs, they are so cute and soft so they won't hurt the growing feet. But they are not cheap.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 4:13 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I think $13 is on the low side. Robees are what the other mom was talking about. My kids always wore their shoes for 3-4 months. I just loved a pair of shoes that were $50 and I did not buy them for my youngest. They were Pedipeds (I think that is the brand.) So cute. I kind of regret not getting them now. Do what is within your budget. Kids wear shoes at all ages. My son, would not wear shoes because we did not put them on him until he was 1 and he freaked out. So there is a negative to not even exposing them to shoes. It took a few months to get him to wear shoes, when he did need them.  Buy the shoes.  Enjoy your baby. 

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 4:21 PM on Apr. 25, 2009