When did you start having your baby sleep in the crib instead of with you?

I am just wondering when it is easiest to switch. My SO is missing us cuddling at night and spending that time together. My son has never slept in his crib.. just wondering what your experience was.....

sassy_brizzy

Asked by sassy_brizzy at 4:20 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• My daughter started sleeping in a mini crib when she was 5 1/2 months old. It's right next to my bed, so she's still close by.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 4:24 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• the day they came home from the hospital.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 4:29 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• My kids were in the crib the day home from hospital in their own room.
    KMIassogna

Answer by KMIassogna at 4:40 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Mine was in her crib from the day we came home.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:52 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Mine went into her crib around 4 months. She is now 9 1/2 months and wouldn't have it any other way. She loves her crib.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:59 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• My first was in bed with us for 7 weeks but it really wasn't working for us... my second was in our room for 4 months (co-sleeper bassinet), but never in our bed, except for after the occasional 5am feeding in the early days...
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 5:17 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I had four children and had the crib in another room, but the cradle in my room where they slept for the first 3-4 months of their life (which by then they're either sleeping through night or on every 4 hour feedings), then were switched to their own room in their crib. None of mine slept with me in my bed and I've met those that had done as I and had either a bassinet or cradle in the room next to their bed to put baby in after feedings.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 5:39 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• she slept in the "crib" at the hospital and in her bed since we got home , never with us
    Anonymous

• we have been fighting our little girl to sleep in her be for two years now. we get her in her bed then something happens and she ends up back with us. shes done pretty good sence we got her toddler bed tho, still in our room havent moved her to her room yet.
    ashleywilkerson

Answer by ashleywilkerson at 6:12 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• They were in their crib from the first night home.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:50 PM on Apr. 25, 2009