Does your baby ever NOT want to be held?

Sometimes she will cry and I'll just try everything and nothing works but then I put her down and she stops....

HayleyGM

Asked by HayleyGM at 4:20 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh my gosh yes and it breaks my heart, but they are just wanting to be independent. Don't take it to heart momma your doing a great job!
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 4:25 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Oh yeah, my first daughter especially was like this. The phases come and go... she still loves you.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 4:29 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• My older son was like this. I didn't know whether he spent his first two weeks in an incubator or what. I wanted to sit and cuddle and rock him, but he wasn't interested.

Answer by Bmat at 4:41 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• My middle child hated being held, he hated being breastfed because it meant being held, he hated bottles til eh could hold them himself...we found out at about 4 years old he has Sensory integration disorder and it was too stimulating to be held and thats what the issue was...hes still strange about people touching him at age 5
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 5:46 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I just had my second and she doesn't want to be held all the time either.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:16 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• My son was like that. I would want to rock him to sleep but he would cry until I layed him in his bed to fall asleep on his own.
    He's almost 14 yrs old and still doesnt like to hug or be touched much,but I know he loves me :)
    KimSecrets

Answer by KimSecrets at 9:22 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Don't feel bad. :) Sounds like over-stimulation. Just follow the baby's cues and interact when she's ready to interact. Sometimes babies are odd little critters.

Another possibility- is she maybe sensitive to your shampoo, the soap you use, or a perfume? Just a thought.
    Gruntlings

Answer by Gruntlings at 10:26 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Yes, a lot of the time now he doesn't want to be held like a baby. He just wants you to hold him up right so he can jump and bounce.
    KareemsMami

Answer by KareemsMami at 12:42 PM on Apr. 26, 2009