cant put baby down..

my two week old baby boy likes to be held and i cant get enough of holding him all day i cant get anything done and i havent showered for two days wow ...... So i dont feel comfortable with anyone eles holding him and when i put him down i miss him so much even if its for only like a few mintues my mother and grandma says that this is bad because i am spoiling him and if i think is bad now it will get worse when he gets a lil older.. im holding him now what should i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• im going to be the same way that you are i lost my first baby in dec and im trying to get pregnant now. but my sister just had her little boy and all i do is hold him i hate giveing him back to his mom lol.
    angel_megan

Answer by angel_megan at 4:40 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• hold him all you want. he is still VERY young. if your baby was like two MONTHS old, that'd be different. give him the attention he wants. its not bad holding a two week old. and theres nothing wrong with you, its just your hormones making you feel that way. if you need a shower (which it sounds like you might) then either go get your bouncy seat and put it in the bathroom, or go buy one, and TAKE A SHOWER!! it doesnt have to be long. it can be just for five mins. but ill tell you this, you want all the help you can get right now. you're going to need the rest for when people arent going to be there to help you. good luck momma and congrats on the new baby =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 4:40 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Hold your baby as much as you want. It's good for both of you and they grow up so fast! Just enjoy it while you can... you can't spoil your children by loving them and making them feel secure and happy! I held all 4 of my babies constantly, as long as they would let me, and they aren't spoiled! Don't let anyone keep you from holding your baby as much as you want, but a shower every now and then would ensure that he is enjoying it too! LOL, (JK) Best wishes with your little guy!

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 5:00 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• there is no such thing as spoiling a baby! dont take that advice to heart ever! holding a baby is a wonderful thing. it creates a sense of security! if you wanna take a shower put your baby in a bouncer or pack n play and bring him cby the doorway or in the bathroom with you! thats what I did. as my son got older I played peek a boo behind the shower curtain and he was very entertained while I got to get clean after like a week of no showering lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 6:28 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I would keep holding him...Get a Moby wrap and then you can still get things done while holding him. He's never going to be this little again, so enjoy it!
    BethTTC

Answer by BethTTC at 6:34 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Ok, I was told the same thing "If you hold them to much you will spoil them". I actually talked to my Dr. about it and was told that they more they are held as an infant the better. Thats when the bonding really starts. It's when they start to get older like around 6 months that it can start to spoil them. I have been there. Every time I have a baby after my 2nd one passed away at birth, I have to hold my babies all the time. It's a security blanket for me. But it is perfectly normal for u to want to hold him all the time and feel the need to hold him all the time. As he gets older and bigger it will change, but for now, enjoy it! Because pretty soon, he'll be too heavy and big!
    rugratsmommy4

Answer by rugratsmommy4 at 7:40 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I waited 14 long years to finally have a baby and I held him, I think, for the first 6 mos. solid. He is 10 yrs. now and he is perfectly fine. Hold all you can while you can, he will be too big one day for Mama to hold him. Enjoy him!
    johanna66

Answer by johanna66 at 8:10 PM on Apr. 25, 2009