Names

Juelz- Boy
Jewel- Girl
Are these two names too similar to name siblings?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yeah.
    Anonymous

• Definitely too similar for siblings and I don't like Jeulz at all. He'd be talking about his royal jeulz all the time when he is older.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:10 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Yeah.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 5:51 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• yes
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:14 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• All I asked was were the names too similar not if you liked the name or not. Obviously I like the name Juelz which is different from you version jeulz. The area where I'm from and my culture widely accepts Juelz for a boy so I find it not being a problem and I think that Royal Juelz is such an old joke that I haven't heard that in years and it usually never had anything to do with the name, It was a random joke.
    Anonymous

• I would say so, yes. And for a boy it's a little femanine. If this is because they are twins I would have just went with J names rather than the same names. Ex. Jewels and Jeremy.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:49 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Im very against naming your kids with similar names or even names that start with the same letter.. My name is Jennifer and my lil brother is Jeffery.. we grew as Jenifry... My mother could never get our names out sepereatly whether it was becasue she was mad or not...
    keegansMommi615

Answer by keegansMommi615 at 7:03 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Thanks for your opinions. I've never came across a girl named Juelz (pronounced: Jew- ells), only boys. I just don't see the femininity in it. I absolutely like both names and the first one Juelz was originally meant to be second middle for my first son but I had a Jr. Then it was mean to be the middle name of the second born son but now I'm contemplating on it as the first name.
    Anonymous

• I understand everyone has their own opinions about what they don't like about the name or how they wouldn't name their kids with similar names or starting with the same letter. but the original question is : Is Juelz(a boy) and jewel (a girl) too similar for siblings. Obviously I've already made up my mind about the names I like. And choose to name kids in the like of their parents so the will have similar names or names beginning with the same letter.
    Anonymous

• I think the names are probably too similar. I have never heard of Juelz before, is it pronouncec Jewels. My daughter's name is Julianna, and I call her Jules.
    johanna66

Answer by johanna66 at 8:06 PM on Apr. 25, 2009