Is the bloody show and mucus plug the same thing?

Im a day over my due date and I woke up this morning with cramps that come and go and around my back like a period cramp. Pretty sure its contractions. How much blood usally comes with the bloody show? Im worried it may be to much?
How long after the bloody show can labor start? I wonder if this is the real thing. The contraction are not to bad yet.

Chas21

Asked by Chas21 at 5:04 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if youre bleeding a whole lot..enough to soak a pad, then you def need to go to the er.With the bloody show its just a lil bit.NOt much.Kinda slimy like snot but pinkish sometimes has a brownish tinge to it. The cramps def sound like contracions to me.JUst time them.when they get longer and stonger..and 3-5 mins apart then you are in real labor.I lost my mucas plug though and it was 3 days before i had my daughter.
    Anonymous

• My looked like a bloody booger. I read with a bloody show it can be 24-48 hours and my water broke 48 hours later. The cramps do sound like contractions but wait till you can time them like PP said they should last (i think) 1min and be 3-5 apart
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 5:24 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I had bloody show for four weeks. It's normal. I would have contractions and it would happen, then it would stop and happen again.....
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 5:35 PM on Apr. 25, 2009