Do you pray infront of your children?

I believe in god. I am a christian. I have a son who is almost 3 years old. I want to pray, sometimes I feel the need to. I just don't know how. Simple as that. When I try I feel like I should do it in private or just say it in my head. My mother tells me you are supposed to say it out loud but with my son and husband around? I do not know what to do.

My husband type is a believer as well.

Jess_TheMom13

Asked by Jess_TheMom13 at 5:13 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Yes I pray infront of all my children, and with them, and over them. And they pray too. It may feel uncomftorble, but just push your self past that. Dont change the way you pray. Just help him see that prayer is just talking to God about anything. Prayer is about as simple as it can get.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 1:17 AM on Apr. 26, 2009

• There is times when you can pray by yourself, there's nothing wrong with praying with your husband or in front of your son. It is between you and the Lord, as to what is in your heart on what you pray about.
    Anonymous

• i pray with mine for his prayers, i do mine alone in quiet
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:11 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I don't pray but if I did I don't see why I wouldn't do it in front of my children.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 6:42 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I don't think its going to hurt. My husband and I pray with our 3 year old son at night for his prayers. But I do mine at night when I'm alone. I guess its whatever you feel you should do. But I think it you need to stop while your fixing him some lunch cause you feel you need to pray, then go ahead. He may see/watch you, but that lets him know that its ok to stop and talk to God during the day and not just at night. Just do what you feel is right. : )
    AsaGarrett

Answer by AsaGarrett at 11:10 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I pray with my kids at night but I usually keep my prayers to myself- for one thing im a little shy praying out loud but for the most part its because in the bible it says to go to ur prayer closet (whether it be a closed room or u closing ur eyes and silently praying) so as not to be a hypocrite (sp?) praying in the streets- im not sure if i got that quote right and im not sure if its true (meaning i dont know if that how God really feels about praying) but thats always what i was taught so i guess ive always stuck to it- but to tell u the truth- i dont see anything wrong with praying in front of them if u feel the urge but if u dont then dont force it- do wut u feel in ur heart and wut the moment tells u to do.
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 11:38 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• It is very important to model how to pray for our children. Where else will they learn it? Ask God to guide you.
    beccare2000

Answer by beccare2000 at 8:45 PM on Apr. 26, 2009