I hate my SOs ex .....BM to his children

I cant stand her, I have tried to be nice, and I have tried to be civil but because of all the crap she has pulled I just cannot bring myself to trust her or even really tolerate her, I feel bad because I know that I have to deal with her but lets just say I could care less if we never saw or spoke to her ever again. How do I help myself to feel better about her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Apr. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• She sounds like she is jealous of you and your relationship with her ex. She also sounds like she isn't confident about herself so by putting you down it makes her feel better. Classic bully syndrome. I have a friend who was in your situation and she also couldn't stand her SOs ex because of all the shit she pulled, but she always tried her best to do what was right for the kids, because at the end of the day, they are what matters and if that crazy bitch won't do what's right, at least someone will. Do it for the kids, she will know you are the better person and it will KILL her!!! She might get worse for awhile but don't give in to her petty ways. You can be the adult in this situation. Good luck
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 5:46 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Think about it not being you or her....think of the kids. Make your SO deal with her
    Anonymous

• she is not your concern. IMO all you have to really do is tolerate her for the kids. ignore her games and kill her with kindness for the kids.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 5:22 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• get over it .. sorry but she is NOT you ex and NOT your concern . just ignore her . sorry but this isnt high school anymore.
    Anonymous

• Try to block it out? Easier said than done..
    kylesboo

Answer by kylesboo at 5:38 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Maybe I should clarify myself a little when I say, SHE makes it her business to involve herself in my life and what we (myself my so and our child) do, NOT me, I have been nice to her but it seems like even if I am she still comes back with some crap of how I am this and that, so its not me being a jealous bitch its her
    Anonymous

• Unfortunately, everyone here is correct. You are going to have to deal with it for a long time to come. What you have to remember is the kids are going to be BOTH of their responsibility not yours. You cannot come between kids EVER. You should have all worked through this before marriage. It's a long difficult road Hon....
    Anonymous